Dog Sledding Day | winter fun with family & friends!
Are you ready to unleash your adventurous side? Feel the breeze in your hair, breathe in the fresh air as the huskies whisk you through the pristine white snowy landscapes! End your trip with a warm, cozy campfire and cuddle with your new 4-legged friends!
DATE & TIME
- 15 March 2021
- 1500 - 1700, with 4 rounds of dogsledding trips
- Each dogsledding round trip for each group will take half hour
IMPORTANT INFO - PANDEMIC PRE-EMPTIVE MEASURES
- Each dogsledding trip will run for about 30min and the track is about 6 km long. It is an exciting track with a mix of gentle slopes and long stretches.
- For each trip, the musher will steer the double sleds, which can take up to 5 persons per trip.
- The musher will take 2 persons who will sit in his sled. The sled behind him will have a steering musher who is self-assigned by clients. 2 persons can sit in the 2nd sled.
- The suitable age range for kids is from 4-11 years old.
- As a pandemic precaution, each double sled should comprise people from the same household or from the same social circle.
- The dogsledding slots for each family/cluster will be staggered as follows :
- Group A : 1500 - 1530
- Group B : 1530 - 1600
- Group C : 1600 - 1630
- Group D : 1630 - 1700
- Each family/cluster is encouraged to come half hour before the assigned trip. This is to allow for ample time to change clothes, use the restrooms and to pat and say hi to the huskies, before the trip.
- There will be a lavvu or Sami tent set up. When entering the Sami tent, wearing of the clinical mask is COMPULSORY.
- Outside the Sami tent, there will be a bonfire made for you to barbecue your hot dogs or warm up your food.
- Assignment of timing of the staggered groups will be on a first come, first serve basis.
TRANSPORT & LOCATION
- Location : Jonsetangen, ved-Øyangen, Hønefoss.
- For families/clusters with private transportation, pls drive yourselves to the location.
- For families without private transportation, pls email contact Suriati Supani via +47-94895585 or suriatisupani@com. We will then arrange a Maxi Taxi from Oslo to Hønefoss. Charges for the ride on MaxiTaxi applies accordingly.
(excluding transport charges for 2-way trip from Oslo to Hønefoss)
PER ADULT : NOK 980 (age 12 years & above)
PER CHILD : NOK 600 (age 3-11 years)
(the timings will change accordingly for the respective staggered groups)
1430 (or earlier if you wish)
- Arrive at Jonsetangen, ved-Øyangen, Hønefoss.
- Change clothes or use the restrooms
- Indulge in patting and phototaking with the huskies
1500 - 1530
- Dog sledding round trip with your family/cluster
1530 - 1600
- While waiting for your turn or after your turn, chill by the fire, sip a hot drink and make new friends.
- Drive back to Oslo S or Home
Hot drinks like coffee and tea will be provided inside the Sami tent. Pls bring your own lunch. There will be a bonfire set up for you to barbecue hot dogs or other food. Hot food always taste EXTRA TASTY outdoors in winter!